Wednesday, April 5, 2017

My First Published Novel is Now Available Again

The second in my Passions series of erotic Medieval historical romances is now available! Ruling Passion is a full-length novel that features handsome knights, a lady in distress who manages to get herself rescued, then has to face the consequences, and a story of two people kept apart by circumstances but drawn together by love for each other.

This was my very first published full-length novel. I’d had a number of short stories published in various magazines before then, but in 2001 an editor from Ellora’s Cave contacted me to ask if I had any novels I might consider publishing with them. I did, in fact, thought it wasn’t finished.  I emailed what I had to the editor and she sent back an enthusiastic, “Yes, I want it.”

I set to work, but that January, my father died and for a couple of months I couldn’t even think about writing. The editor was sympathetic and told me to take whatever time I needed. A couple of months later I was finally ready to get back to writing and it seemed like the story just flowed out of me at that point. I finished it within a month and we began a whirlwind round of back and forth edits that lasted another month or so. The book released in June, 2002.

It was put into print a few years later and had had numerous different covers since its first release. I haven’t tried to count how many, but I can remember at least four right off-hand. Despite that, it was my best-selling book for EC.

EC is now gone and I have rights back to all my stories. I’ve never been entirely happy with the way my stories were edited or some of the changes I was asked to make, so I’m going back and re-editing all of them. It’s a lot of work, but worth it to shape them into the stories I’ve always wanted them to be.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your re-release, Kate! The story sounds wonderful. I can't wait to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete