Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Thinking About 2016

By Katherine Kingston


Resolutions have always seemed pointless to me. If you need to resolve to do something, it’s probably not going to happen. Important changes require motivation and if you’re motivated to do something, it’s probably already happening. If you’re not motivated, it likely isn’t going to happen.

But I do like to take some time at the beginning of the year to consider where my life has been, where I want it to go, and what needs to happen to get me there.

The year past has brought some significant changes to my life, including two new grandchildren and cutting back on my day-job to part-time. Part of the reason for the reduction in work time is that I want more time for travel and visiting family members, and I want more time for writing.

I also have gotten back rights to all of my published novels from Ellora’s Cave. I’m in the process of self-publishing some of those. Some will be released as part of anthologies. And there are a couple I’m not sure what to do with.

All of them will be re-edited before release. I wasn’t always happy with the language I was required to use for EC and some stories had sex scenes shoe-horned in to meet their guidelines. I hope to restore all my stories to where I wanted them to be.

One of my goals for 2016 is to re-release at least eight of those stories. Another is to finish two novels I have in progress. And then I plan to continue to write new stories for the Naughty Literati anthologies. I already have ideas for two future stories. I intend to stay busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment