Saturday, November 14, 2015

Tell Me a Romance Story! by Marianne Stephens



I enjoy reading many genres/heat levels of romances. Here are things I want to find in any romance story I read:
 
Tell me a story with a good plot to hold my interest, and a blossoming romance exploding with passion.  I want to “see” your story in my head, and “feel” the heroine’s emotions. I want to relate to her, no matter what her age is…or mine. Romance has no age boundaries.

Tell me a story of a hero and heroine who know each other already, or have just met. Unrequited love and the desire to have someone love you set the stage for many romance books. The chase is all part of the rocky road to love.

Tell me a story of an adversarial hero and heroine thrust upon each other because of some situation. That thin line between love and hate can be crossed, enough so that fighting ceases and lovemaking begins. Fighting a powerful attraction dissipates as passion takes control.

Tell me a story that has a “black moment”…that awful turn of events that split the hero and heroine, and their relationship appears to be doomed. Let me want to scream at them to settle their misunderstanding, mend broken hearts, and enjoy embracing each other once again.

Tell me a story of their first encounter/or having already met. Add what’s wedged between them to cause heartache, resolve their differences, and give me that “happily-ever-after” I want to read.


I pattern my books after these desires. I know what I want in a romance story, and use these elements in my books. 

Whatever your preference in romance reading…sweet, sensual, erotic, romance books…choose books that tell YOU a story and transport you into the hero and heroine’s love affair!

Available now: Entice Me - Luscious Love Stories Anthology by 
Romance Books '4' Us.
My story: Operation Man Hunt: 
Chris Carlisle needs a man and Tony Davis becomes her goal. He learns the hidden reason for her enticing attempts to capture his attention. Both can't deny the mutual, lusty attraction. Will true love follow? BUY LINK

Marianne Stephens
Photo:Flickr: VB Library 

1 comment:

  1. Those are all key pieces that make us fall in love with a story and author! All the best!

    ReplyDelete