Monday, November 23, 2015

Giving Thanks

‘Tis the season for giving thanks, and I have a lot to give.

About this time last year, I was going through a low phase. I’d been laid off from my job and I just wasn’t sure where to go with my work. Even more problematic—I wanted to write and I finally had the time to write, but I wasn’t quite sure how to reboot my career.

Enter the Naughty Literati. Suddenly writing didn’t seem quite so daunting. The sharing of time and energy, of creative talents and the determination and talent in the group is humbling. I made my first small steps back into publishing with my story in Naughty List, which is called Holdin’ On. On one level, it is about a Christmas miracle, but on another, it is a clear second chance for the hero.

So when the call came out for stories about second chances, for the winter holiday anthology Naughty Chances, I took stock of things. With Naughty List, not only had my character gained a second chance, but my writing career did as well. A seven year writing block had been successfully conquered word by word, and my peers actually liked the story! So did readers—thank you so much for taking a chance on me!

A year later, the Naughty Literati has released five anthologies and I’ve had a story in each of them. Coming very soon is Naughty Chances, and my story in it, Take a Chance, is as thematic as Holdin’ On was. Instead of an ill rock star and the woman who saves him, my hero and heroine in Take a Chance survived a miracle crash landing some years ago. There had been an attraction between them that they’d never explored, but the stars align right this year and neither has anything to lose, except their hearts.

A lot has changed for me personally and professionally in the last year, and so much has been due to being a part of the Naughty Literati. So today, I’m giving thanks to every author who had faith in my work, every reader who gave precious time and energy reading my words.


Thank you, and happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment