Sunday, June 14, 2015

Naughty Escapes - What I Would Have Written!

Due to a surgery and recovery, I didn't submit a Naughty Escapes short story...just couldn't do the proper writing that I hoped to do.

I'd planned to write about a hero and heroine on a cruise ship...and how they found their HEA. I would make the cruise a matchmaking cruise...and add some ups and downs to their coupling.

I love cruises! My favorite one was to Alaska. Didn't mind the chilly temps while viewing Hubbard Glacier up close. Who knew glaciers had a blue tint? The Captain had blankets for us to use so we could walk outside. And, their was a special drink offered to all who were seeing glaciers for the first time.



 
The cities in Alaska offered many sites. We got to see salmon swim upstream, how totem poles were made, native dances and attire. And, we noted how expensive gas was! Wow! Don't complain if you live in the mainland 48 states!





 I would use all the above information in my story, and have the H/H explore the sites and note their reactions. So-o-o, I guess I'll save this information for another story!

Marianne Stephens
http://www.mariannestephens.net
http://naughtyliterati.com
http://www.romancebooks4us.com

3 comments:

  1. I love cruise ship romances. As a teen I watched 'Love Boat' for a couple of seasons, and eventually worked on a cruise ship for six months. I started writing a cruise ship romance two years ago, and have it in my Unfinished file. Yours sounds like fun, so I hope you finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful story premise. I am sorry that you didn't get a chance to write the story! Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better soon, Marianne. Sounds like that story needs be written!

    ReplyDelete