Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Harlie's Books ARC Review of Naughty List "Outstanding!"



ARC Review of Naughty List by Naughty Literati Authors! Available for Pre-Order NOW!

NaughtyListCover
Harlie here:  I will give a couple of sentences to each book and then my overall review and rating will be at the bottom.  :)

Anthology: Naughty List
Are you on the Naughty List?
Thirteen Naughty Holiday stories to warm up your winter*
Click title to read an excerpt* (click on the title for the excerpt)


The NightWind’s Visit by Charlotte Boyett-Compo
Be careful what you wish for. The NightWind hears every whisper, every sigh, every need and he’s coming to grant your every wicked, wanton desire.
Review: Lord a mercy, what a way to start the antho.  Steamy, paranormal and a twist that I didn’t see coming.  Great job from a new to me author.
4.5harlies
Dear Santa…I Want A MAN For Christmas by Marianne Stephens
Frustrated with untrustworthy men, Melissa orders a man doll. When delivery guy, Nick, shows up, she has second thoughts about how to satisfy her needs.
Review: If you have never read Ms. Stephens you are missing out.  I love her work and Melissa and Nick are breath of fresh air.  Believable characters and sweet ending.
4.5harlies 
Prelude To A Most Unusual Marriage by Katherine Kingston
Guilty secrets torment widowed Elizabeth Fitzhugh. A Christmas visit to the Earl of Chisenholm offers redemption, if she can find the courage to grasp it.
Review: This is the story that pushed my limits.  Some harder elements of BDSM in it but in the end I loved the story.  I would love to have a follow up with Elizabeth and the Earl.  ;)  Great historical with a BDSM element.
4.5harlies
No Gentleman by Francesca Hawley
Librarian Abby Kelly comes west finding a roguish shapeshifter who desires her. Will Goldwolf is no gentleman, but Abby discovers he’s just what she wants.
Review:  Ms. Hawley has been one of my go to authors for a couple of years now and this is another one that I want a follow up too.  Great characters, humor (oh yes) and a charming western town that seems ordinary on the surface.  *giggles*
4.5harlies
Jewel’s Menage Christmas by Berengaria Brown
The excitement has left Jewel, Donovan, and Oscar’s relationship. Jewel plans to spice things up, but will Donovan and Oscar rise to the challenge?
Review: For a menage, this is one of the sweetest stories that I’ve ever read.  Sure the sex is smoking but underneath it all is what every couple goes through and has to figure out to put the spice back in their relationship.  Great humor, too.  ;)  Plus, the boxers need to be bought.  LOL!
4.5harlies
Tune Me Up by Lainey-Jo Charles
Jason catches Dani having an intimate moment with a recording of him singing to her, and is ready to move them from friends to forever.
Review: Trope alert!!!  Friends to lovers!  *swoon*  Love, love this story.  Plus their job roles are reversed and that just added an another element to the story.  Plus, did I mention friends to lovers?  *swoon*
5harlies
On the Eighteenth of January, ’78; or, A Night At Valley Forge by Regina Kammer
During the infamous winter of ‘77-‘78 at Valley Forge, two soldiers fanboy over their charismatic leader, General George Washington.
Review: I admit that this one pushed my limits too but once I thought about it and reconsider my initial thoughts, this one is a gem.  Yes, its M/M and its not too graphic in nature.  Pay attention to the dialogue and you will understand why this one is a true gem in my book.  I can be dense but once you stop and think…brilliant.
5harlies
The Christmas Leopard by Lynne Connolly
Two gorgeous Italian hunks save art restorer Sandi when she accidentally summons an ancient evil from a mosaic. Their methods are unconventional—and scorching hot!
Review:  Ms. Connolly is one of those writers that I have read for years and she never disappoints.  Menage at its finest with a paranormal twist that was fresh and new.
4.5harlies
Christmas Bad Girl by Trinity Blacio
She only had one wish this Christmas. To find the one man who was strong enough to master her in and bed and out.
Review: And I thought I had body issues.  But what’s a girl to do when she’s taller than most.  Loved, loved the sci fi twist with the Jolly Green Giant.  Plus, OMG, the cute meet was one of the best I’ve read in a long time.  Did I mention toys?  *grin*
4.5harlies
How The Alien Stole Christmas by Belle Scarlett
On board a deep space station Christmas Trent learns her sexy cyber lover, who may not be human, wants to steal her for his own.
Review: *thud*  For some reason, I wasn’t too keen on this one because it was sci fi but Ms. Scarlett made me believe in aliens, humans and that her world is out there.  It also had a bit of suspense element in it that just heighten my enjoyment of the story.  Where can I get one?
4.5harlies
Merry Christmas, Kitten by Nicole Austin
Sirena Petra wants one thing for Christmas—an orgasm. And sex toy expert Kenyon Fort has exactly what the lion shifter needs to find more than just her happy place.
Review: Another great story by Ms. Austin.  Yes, I’ve read her before.  *giggles*  And as much as I don’t read much shifter stories, I loved this one.  Especially since it had a lioness shifter with trust issues.  The sex is scorching but the ending is sweet.
4.5harlies
Viking in Tartan by Suz deMello
Medieval romance from the Highland Vampires series. A Viking raider brings change to little Clan Kilbirnie, especially to the chieftain’s daughter, Rhona.
Review: I hate when I read a story and there are like ALOT more in the series.  *grins*  Now I’m going to have to buy the whole series to find out if the curse stays within the clan or not.  Damn it Ms. deMello!  NOT!  Thank you for opening my eyes to a wonderful series and it has Highlanders!  Woo Hoo!
4.5harlies
Holdin’ On by Alexa Silver
Rock star Max is terminally ill. When Aislin falls into his life, rocking his world, everything changes. Is she his Christmas miracle?
Review: Overall, this one made me cry a bit.  I hate when characters are sick.  But Ms. Silver had me believing in the impossible.  Plus, Max and Aislin were real, believable and sweet.  Oh yes, big awe moment for me in the end.  Ms. Silver is a new to me author and I will be looking at her backlist…pronto!
4.5harlies
OVERALL REVIEW:
Outstanding about sums it up.  Some pushed my limits, some used my favorite tropes and who knew that a lion shifter had her mate in front of her the whole time?  You really need to grab this anthology and enjoy the holiday season with this offering from some of my favorite authors.
I would like to thank Marianne Stephens for giving me the ARC to review.  Again, outstanding and brilliant.
Author Information:
The Naughty Literati are a group of authors who’ve come together to show off their epic talents in short stories filled with powerful eroticism and satisfying romance. Our tales range from heartwarming and sweet to scorching hot erotic, medieval to futuristic, humans to aliens and shape-shifters, vanilla committed couples to kinky menage fun. Our first boxed set anthology will be available for your reading pleasure on December 1st. Thank you for joining us on this naughty journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment